May 23, 2011

I have failed at updating this blog

For which I am terribly sorry.

Truthfully, I haven't been making much cake. I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic, so I figured that by not making cakes I'd not be tempted to eat them and my blood sugar would remain good.

Plus, I haven't taken any photos of the cakes I have completed recently, so I don't have any content.

I would promise to be better about content, but I know myself too well -- I might keep it up for a bit, and then it'll all fall apart again.

I am actually planning on making a new push on the whole DenverCakeNinja thing in the coming year -- we're buying a new house and I'll have a nice, light, airy, and large kitchen with an island to work on, so watch this space for a redesigned website, etc.

For now, I promise that there will be cake -- Threadcakes opens again in about a month. This year I am going all-out with the gumpaste (two words: bicycle wheel), so we'll see if I have any better luck this time around than the previous two years. I also fired my sous chef, so while I'll have to go it entirely alone, I also won't have to deal with directing another person, trying to get them off their cell phone and focused on task, etc. etc. etc. We shall see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cake Ninja asks that you keep it clean, polite, and non-spammy. The Cake Ninja reserves the right to delete any comment that is deemed to violate the above. Also, it'd be nice if you gave me a name to refer to you by, otherwise for all I know I have just one anonymous commenter :D