February 22, 2012

Perfectionism

I suffer from perfectionism. I want everything to look just right, even if it's just cupcakes to eat because I wanted cupcakes.

Right now I'm working on some oscar party cupcakes. I haven't made the cupcakes yet, but I got a chocolate mold in the shape of a slate, and I've started making those. The first batch has not turned out nearly as well as I would like it to -- understandable since it's a new mold and I need to learn its intricacies -- and I find myself more annoyed than I truly ought to be.

I do this to myself in my day job, too, though. I want everything to be neat, elegant, and work flawlessly the first time.  The reality is, as I've said before, humans are messy and flawed and nothing we do is going to be perfect. I do want to get better than I already am, and I want to do well in things like Threadcakes (and possibly Sweet Times in the Rockies next year), but I have to allow myself to not be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cake Ninja asks that you keep it clean, polite, and non-spammy. The Cake Ninja reserves the right to delete any comment that is deemed to violate the above. Also, it'd be nice if you gave me a name to refer to you by, otherwise for all I know I have just one anonymous commenter :D