March 21, 2012

On not taking it personally

Over the weekend I made two nearly identical cakes for the next installment of the cake ninja video series. I was feeling lazy, so they were just funfetti cakes from a box. Due to what I was demonstrating, the cake I took into work had less frosting on it than I might usually put on a cake.

So a coworker of mine turns me and says "this is the best cake you've ever made." And then realizes he might have said something insulting when I reply "it's from a box."

However, you can't take this kind of thing personally -- for him the combination white cake, funfetti, and minimal icing was the greatest thing ever. For the  next person, it'll be something entirely different.  You can't please everyone all of the time, so try not to take it personally when you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cake Ninja asks that you keep it clean, polite, and non-spammy. The Cake Ninja reserves the right to delete any comment that is deemed to violate the above. Also, it'd be nice if you gave me a name to refer to you by, otherwise for all I know I have just one anonymous commenter :D