June 15, 2012

Cake 101: Lesson 9 Gumpaste

This is really more of lesson 9a.

So what is Gumpaste? It is a modeling compound you can use to make more elaborate structures out of than chocolate or fondant.

I usually buy mine either in the premixed pouches or in the cans you add water to, but it is possible to find recipes online.

It takes a varied drying time - the frames for the movie cake dried far faster than the center disk of the reel - and, like fondant, you can mix color in or paint it on afterwards.

Stay tuned next week for part b in which I will show how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cake Ninja asks that you keep it clean, polite, and non-spammy. The Cake Ninja reserves the right to delete any comment that is deemed to violate the above. Also, it'd be nice if you gave me a name to refer to you by, otherwise for all I know I have just one anonymous commenter :D