June 19, 2012

Too hot for cake

Yes, there really is such a thing as too hot for cake.

It has been record highs two days in a row here in Denver -- and it's been too hot to move, much less do much of anything with cake. I am getting things pulled together for Threadcakes, and if we get lower temperatures tomorrow (we are promised to), I will do the photos for the tutorial on gumpaste for Friday.

I will have to make cake this weekend regardless -- I am doing the trial run of the various cupcake flavors for Denver HandmadeHomemade in July, and since this next one is going to be outdoors, having to worry about stabilizing icing in the heat should help ensure that the cupcakes look delicious from start to finish next month. (And yes, there will be a post out of that, too, so two two two things in one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cake Ninja asks that you keep it clean, polite, and non-spammy. The Cake Ninja reserves the right to delete any comment that is deemed to violate the above. Also, it'd be nice if you gave me a name to refer to you by, otherwise for all I know I have just one anonymous commenter :D