June 6, 2012

Wednesday Randomness

I am slowly trying to get back into the habit of regular content for the blog, and will be doing a bunch of tweaks and updates to the website to add additional pages and content in the nearish future, but for now you get the couple most amusing search terms that brought people to this blog of late.

1) "i m doing cake i too often" - impossible. No such thing as doing cake too often.
2) "how to decorate wilton carousel cake" - I am not sure the neon ninja carousel was quite what they were looking for there.

The rest were pretty straightforward -- pint glass/guinness glass was pretty common, and "the movie camera cake" had a fair number of hits as well. I was pleased to see that googling "Denver Cake Ninja" returns something somehow affiliated with me for 80% of the first page of links. (There is a bakery in Denver that talks about its cake ninjas, but while they may live in Denver, they are not the Denver Cake Ninja.)

In addition to getting the website to have more information, I'm getting new business cards (with the awesome logo) and probably will be getting different labels to put on cake/cupcake boxes. Since I'm looking at doing the Handmade Homemade market, I will need labels that list out the most common allergens that could be present in the food. (I will also have sheets with the actual ingredients of whatever I end up making, but it's good to have the warnings on there.) I am also leaning towards buying or making a t-shirt/apron with the logo to wear (possibly both). That way I'm a walking billboard for my own stuff. Look also for possibly an appointment widget on the blog that'd allow people to schedule cake and cupcake deliveries. I have a feeling that if I can get the ball rolling this thing just might be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cake Ninja asks that you keep it clean, polite, and non-spammy. The Cake Ninja reserves the right to delete any comment that is deemed to violate the above. Also, it'd be nice if you gave me a name to refer to you by, otherwise for all I know I have just one anonymous commenter :D